Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Zamek <za...@vili.pmmf.hu> on 2003/01/27 21:16:04 UTC

Intake howto

Hello All,

Are there anybody who has a _really_ working intake example?

I need an intake.xml and velocity form to understand it.

I was try howtos but it can't works.
What is basePackage in intake.xml (in howto it is org.tigris.scarab)?
When I try to make howtos (step by step):
- intake starting, log:
   Added Mapping for Service: IntakeService
   Start Initializing service (early): IntakeService
- when I try to load vm, log:
     Instantiated tool class org.apache.turbine.services.intake.IntakeTool to
       add to the context as '$intake'
     Start Initializing service (late): IntakeService
      [Mon Jan 27 19:53:23 CET 2003] -- INFO -- Finish Initializing service
         (late): IntakeService
      [Mon Jan 27 19:53:23 CET 2003] -- ERROR -- Could not instantiate tool
             org.apache.turbine.services.intake.IntakeTool to add to the
             context
             Exception:  org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException:
                   Instantiation failed for
                   org.apache.turbine.services.intake.IntakeTool
                  Stack Trace follows:
                 java.lang.NullPointerException
                at
org.apache.turbine.services.intake.IntakeTool.<init>(IntakeTool.java:90)
IntakeTool.java:90 line is:
    StringBuffer allGroupsSB = new StringBuffer(256);

So it can't instantiate intake object.

--
thanks,

AW: Intake howto

Posted by Marc Lustig <ma...@marclustig.com>.
I'd guess you have an error in your intake.xml.
Make sure to follow the instructions in the intake service doc.

Marc