Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com> on 2009/03/30 15:19:13 UTC

Definition of "Prominent notice" of changes to source files

Hi all,

I'm wondering what qualifies as "prominent notices stating that You changed the files" as defined by the Apache license agreement. A developer recently forked the Pivot codebase, and the only change we have seen to the headers is that the developer added himself to the copyright. To me, this doesn't seem like a prominent notice of change. Is the developer required to be more specific, or is adding his name sufficient? Is he even allowed to claim copyright of the source in this case?

Thanks,
Greg Brown
Pivot Project Lead

Re: Definition of "Prominent notice" of changes to source files

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org>.