Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Dogbert <ff...@gmx.net> on 2007/05/04 07:53:33 UTC

Sybase: FOR UPDATE can not be used in a SELECT ???

Hi there.

I am using Snapshot 'apache-activemq-4.2-SNAPSHOT-20070501.230521-46' and
trying to use Sybase as persistence layer. My driver already got recognized
"INFO  JDBCPersistenceAdapter         - Database driver recognized:
[jconnect__tm__for_jdbc__tm_]" and the SybaseJDBCAdapter is used as well.
The tables are created just fine at initial startup.

I got a hanging transaction in the database and tried to find the source for
that. In the 'normal' output everything seems to be just fine. After I
recognized that there is also a logfile I got following additional
information:

com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: FOR UPDATE can not be used in a
SELECT which is not part of the declaration of a cursor or which is not
inside a stored procedure.

        at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.processEed(Tds.java:3281)
        at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.nextResult(Tds.java:2548)
        at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ResultGetter.nextResult(ResultGetter.java:69)
        at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.nextResult(SybStatement.java:220)
        at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.nextResult(SybStatement.java:203)
        at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.executeLoop(SybStatement.java:1785)
        at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.execute(SybStatement.java:1777)
        at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybPreparedStatement.execute(SybPreparedStatement.java:630)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.execute(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:117)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.execute(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:117)
        at
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.DefaultDatabaseLocker.start(DefaultDatabaseLocker.java:60)
        at
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.start(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:176)

Has anybody any idea what that can be????

Many thanks in advanced!

Best regards,
D.