Posted to users@camel.apache.org by timactive <rd...@timactive.com> on 2013/05/13 10:47:27 UTC

camel-stax use a custom bean handler not a class

Hi,

I have a generic bean handler(extend DefaultHandler), this bean need a param
to work correctly such as
the nodeRoot, nodeItem etc..
I want use this bean with camel-stax but i think is not possible :

<route>
        <from uri="file:/tmp/inbox"/>
        <to uri="stax:orderHandler" />
</route>
<bean id="orderHandler" class="com.timactive.article.ArticleHandlerMapper">
          <property name="nodeRoot" value="ORDERS"></property>
          <property name="nodeItem" value="ORDER"></property>
 </bean>

In the documentation of camel-stax http://camel.apache.org/stax.html, the
exemple propose just to pass a class handler, not a bean?
how would someone do this kind of process?

Re: camel-stax use a custom bean handler not a class

Posted by timactive <rd...@timactive.com>.
Hi Romain,
cool!! thank, i test this now!!!

Le 13/05/2013 15:33, Romain Manni-Bucau [via Camel] a écrit :
> Hi
>
> created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-6356
>
> *Romain Manni-Bucau*
> *Blog:
> **http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/*<http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/>
>

> 2013/5/13 timactive <[hidden email]
> </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5732405&i=0>>
>
> > Thank Claus.
> > Indeed, the code source camel-stax say :
> > In processor
> > ContentHandler handler = contentHandlerClass.newInstance();
> > In Component
> > processor.setContentHandler(getCamelContext().getClassResolver(),
> > remaining);
> >
> > So it is not possible actually.
> >
> > I am currently discussing with Romain Manni-Bucau, the developer of the
> > component.
> > But let's say I just finished the Camel documentation, so I'm a
> novice. But
> > I think it happen.
> >

> > --

> NAML

timactive.com <http://www.timactive.com/>

  Romain De Véra
  *Développeur/Architecte Web | Timactive*
    06.38.39.75.08
  rdevera@timactive.com <ma...@timactive.com>

logo200X95.png (14K) <http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/attachment/5732409/0/logo200X95.png>
tel.png (670 bytes) <http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/attachment/5732409/1/tel.png>
mail.gif (82 bytes) <http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/attachment/5732409/2/mail.gif>

Re: camel-stax use a custom bean handler not a class

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Not sure if its possible to refer to a bean from the registry.

Feel free to dive into the source code of camel-stax and see what
needs to be done to support your use-case.
We love contributions

So we could maybe just try to lookup a bean from the registry first,
and if not exists fallback to current behavior.
  <to uri="stax:orderHandler" />

Then we ought to support both use-cases.

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 10:47 AM, timactive <rd...@timactive.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a generic bean handler(extend DefaultHandler), this bean need a param
> to work correctly such as
> the nodeRoot, nodeItem etc..
> I want use this bean with camel-stax but i think is not possible :
>
> <route>
>         <from uri="file:/tmp/inbox"/>
>         <to uri="stax:orderHandler" />
> </route>
> <bean id="orderHandler" class="com.timactive.article.ArticleHandlerMapper">
>           <property name="nodeRoot" value="ORDERS"></property>
>           <property name="nodeItem" value="ORDER"></property>
>  </bean>
>
> In the documentation of camel-stax http://camel.apache.org/stax.html, the
> exemple propose just to pass a class handler, not a bean?
> how would someone do this kind of process?

Claus Ibsen
www.camelone.org: The open source integration conference.

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat