Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Daniel Kroeger <ze...@zesolo.net> on 2002/05/29 09:27:05 UTC

XML:DB API vs. command-line

Hello there,

does anyone agree with the fact that using the API with XML-RPC behaves
different from using the same commmand with
the xindiceadmin-tool, e.g.

xindiceadmin ac -c /db -n test/undertest

works like I want it to do and creates a collection "undertest" within the
collection "test" (Of course you need to create this one befrore). The
nested collection tree is therefore /db/test/undertest.

Now trying the same with Perl and XML-RPC:

my $parent_path = "/db";
my $path = "test/undertest";
my $mkcol = $self->{_db}->call('db.createCollection', "$parent_path",
"$path");

This creates a collection called "test/undertest" right inside
/db.........and this is really not what I wanted..

Any opinions?
Daniel