Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by project2501 <da...@ontrenet.com> on 2009/01/20 18:43:06 UTC

5.2 bogging down with high throughput

Hello again,
   I am stress testing a 5.2 activemq instance. I ran about 50k  small text
messages into it and notice it degrade. I am using postgres persistence
adapter. The log was throwing exceptions. The CPU was getting consumed near
100%.

ERROR JournalPersistenceAdapter      - Failed to mark the Journal:
org.apache.activeio.journal.InvalidRecordLocationException: The location is
less than the last mark.
org.apache.activeio.journal.InvalidRecordLocationException: The location is
less than the last mark.
	at
org.apache.activeio.journal.active.JournalImpl.setMark(JournalImpl.java:340)
	at
org.apache.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter.doCheckpoint(JournalPersistenceAdapter.java:416)
	at
org.apache.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter$1.iterate(JournalPersistenceAdapter.java:121)
	at
org.apache.activemq.thread.DedicatedTaskRunner.runTask(DedicatedTaskRunner.java:98)
	at
org.apache.activemq.thread.DedicatedTaskRunner$1.run(DedicatedTaskRunner.java:36)

I set the memory usage (ram/disk) to be substantial (5 gb, 500 gb).

The producer slowed down and the consumers slowed down to a crawl.

I had a single thread publishing messages to a queue with client_acknowledge
via pyactivemq/activemq-cpp on 64-bit linux.

I was hoping this would be super fast and reliable. What could be happening
here?

thanks for all your tips.