Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Matvey <ma...@inbox.ru> on 2009/10/27 12:41:53 UTC

Camel + ActiveMQ under Jboss, communication possibilities?

Aslo, we take Jboss 5.1, starting inside it ActiveMQ 5.3 as a broker and
integrating there Camel 2.0 with XML Configuration (let us assume no package
scan at the beginning, just Spring XML beans and xml routes). Let us start a
couple of EJB3 Services under Jboss 5.1

The task is to get messages from different sources into ActiveMQ JMS Queues,
then to proceed these messages via Camel (using filters, converters etc,
Camel strength is exactly in it's integration patterns) and to provide these
messages to different EJB Services for further processing.

The questions are:
1. Which possibilities do we have to build a conversation between Camel,
Camel Beans and Camel routes?
2. Which solution is "better" :)
Actually an idea is to connect Camel Endpoint with EJB (for example any kind
of POJO exposed as a Statefull bean)
3. I already have Spring iBATIS DAO for our DB, which could be used as
Spring bean... how can I provide this bean for all services at once, should
I implement Singleton myself or there is more elegant solution?
4. Who cares about object conversion/ object types? For Example I want to
send own Bean called "UpdateInstrumentNotification" via JMS, suppose the
following scenario: Perl program creates Betwixt XML Representation of
UpdateInstrumentNotification.java Bean and sends it via STOMP to one JMS
queue, Camel reads this Object, makes a conversion to Java object from XML
"on the fly" using Betwixt, puts it in another queue (as Java Object) and
sends it at the same time to EJB Bean.

I see at least following possibilities for communication between Camel and
EJB:
1. Camel:RMI
2. Camel JBI + Apache Service Mix (looks a bit complicated)
3. Camel and JNDI ?
4. Direct conversation via JMS Queues (the simplest, but not elegant
solution when one EJB bean is always listening to one, own queue)

Probably I miss something and the answer is much easier?

Re: Camel + ActiveMQ under Jboss, communication possibilities?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

A lot of general questions that I guess most people dont have the time
to write detailed opinions about.

You should be able to integrate Camel with your EJB3 beans. Its after
all just java code invoking another java code.

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Matvey <ma...@inbox.ru> wrote:

> Aslo, we take Jboss 5.1, starting inside it ActiveMQ 5.3 as a broker and
> integrating there Camel 2.0 with XML Configuration (let us assume no package
> scan at the beginning, just Spring XML beans and xml routes). Let us start a
> couple of EJB3 Services under Jboss 5.1
>
> The task is to get messages from different sources into ActiveMQ JMS Queues,
> then to proceed these messages via Camel (using filters, converters etc,
> Camel strength is exactly in it's integration patterns) and to provide these
> messages to different EJB Services for further processing.
>
> The questions are:
> 1. Which possibilities do we have to build a conversation between Camel,
> Camel Beans and Camel routes?
> 2. Which solution is "better" :)
> Actually an idea is to connect Camel Endpoint with EJB (for example any kind
> of POJO exposed as a Statefull bean)
> 3. I already have Spring iBATIS DAO for our DB, which could be used as
> Spring bean... how can I provide this bean for all services at once, should
> I implement Singleton myself or there is more elegant solution?
> 4. Who cares about object conversion/ object types? For Example I want to
> send own Bean called "UpdateInstrumentNotification" via JMS, suppose the
> following scenario: Perl program creates Betwixt XML Representation of
> UpdateInstrumentNotification.java Bean and sends it via STOMP to one JMS
> queue, Camel reads this Object, makes a conversion to Java object from XML
> "on the fly" using Betwixt, puts it in another queue (as Java Object) and
> sends it at the same time to EJB Bean.
>
> I see at least following possibilities for communication between Camel and
> EJB:
> 1. Camel:RMI
> 2. Camel JBI + Apache Service Mix (looks a bit complicated)
> 3. Camel and JNDI ?
> 4. Direct conversation via JMS Queues (the simplest, but not elegant
> solution when one EJB bean is always listening to one, own queue)
>
> Probably I miss something and the answer is much easier?

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus