Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by "Carey, Tom" <TC...@TALK.COM> on 2005/01/20 14:46:16 UTC

JCS 1.0 - CompositeCache:get(593)-->java.lang.NullPointerExceptio n

Has anyone come across this error before and know what the cause or
resolution might be?
We're currently using jcs-1.0-dev.jar running on OC4J 10g.
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCache:get(593)-->java.lang.NullPointe
rException
(No stacktrace)

We had been running pretty cleanly the first three months but after a
release last Friday, it started appearing.  I think some objects are
dropping out of the cache, causing NPEs in other places in our code.  Only
appears in production but not in our dev environment.

I did have each region initially coded with diskcache but after last night's
release, I turned it off and also added the elementattributes settings.
I've attached our ccf file.
 <<cache.ccf>>
Downloaded jcs-1.2-dev.jar this morning.  Will start looking into that too.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Tom Carey
Talk America