Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2003/09/12 08:38:43 UTC

Re: XSP vs SVG (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/stylesheets page2document.xsl)

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> > The issue here is that we have two identical technologies one is added
> > by default and the other is not.
>
> The issue here is that you two are not communicating ;-P
>
> You are at a point where you both keep saying the same things over and
> over and understand what the other says but still have the same opinion.
>
> Let's try and get over this a bit faster, maybe a VOTE?
>
> Well, my vote goes to keeping SVG as default and adding xsp as an extra
> download, or in alternative have both in CVS. I'll wait for real blocks
> support to have a real autodownload of functionality.

Nicely said, Nicola Ken. I was trying to come up with some words to
break the impasse, but you have said it well.

The SVG stuff has been in Forrest since early days, so it is not fair
to compare its situation with the new request to add XSP support.

+1 to SVG as it currently is. I do not want to have Forrest CVS
get top-heavy with other add-ins. The wiki document
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=AddingXSPToForrest
describes how to do it. Yes let us wait for "real blocks" to get
automated plugins.

--David

Re: XSP vs SVG (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/stylesheets page2document.xsl)

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>>+1 to SVG as it currently is. I do not want to have Forrest CVS
>>>get top-heavy with other add-ins. The wiki document
>>>http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=AddingXSPToForrest
>>>describes how to do it. Yes let us wait for "real blocks" to get
>>>automated plugins.
>>
>>That document is obsolete you do not need to do all these steps to get
>>xsp support within forrest.
>

> Oh sorry, well then could someone who knows about it add a warning
> to it please.
>
> --David

Done it. I am not surre if that is enough.

Cheers,
cheche

Re: XSP vs SVG (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/stylesheets page2document.xsl)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.