Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Marcel Remmerswaal <re...@xs4all.nl> on 2006/11/25 14:48:43 UTC

jmeter with javascript error

Hi,

I have some experience with jmeter but I found a problem where I get stuck.
Here is my problem. I want to use Jmeter to loadtest an application. This
application is using javascripts. Normally this is not a problem. I use Badboy
to record the pages and normally in jmeter it will just playback fine even if
the application is using javascripts.
On this application however there is a javascript that checks if the user is
using Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher. When i playback my script in jmeter i
get these errors about that my browser is not 6.0 or higher. I thought I solve
that with the "header manager" option in Jmeter. So I did but still the same
error. Can anybody help me with this how solve this problem? Or will Jmeter
not suport this kind of checks?
thanks in forward

Greetz

Marcel

Re: jmeter with javascript error

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
There must be something else that the application needs to persuade it
that JMeter is IE 6.0 compatible.

If you can follow what the Javascript is doing, perhaps you can find
out what it is - maybe the JS is generating a cookie? If so, you could
add it to the Cookie Manager manually.

Otherwise, you'll need to persuade the application designers not to be
so picky ...

S.