Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org> on 2008/03/30 03:45:50 UTC

ant version support

There seem to be all sorts of quirks between Ant v1.6.5 and Ant
v1.7.0. The most recent I just ran into was the DRLVM cunit tests
failing because of the use of 'refid' instead of 'id' in the
'includepath' element [1].

Since v1.7 has been out for quite a while now and most unix and linux
variants are shipping that version as the default, I'd like to suggest
that we move to v1.7 as the officially supported version. This would
essentially be updating all doc (web site, readmes, etc) and perhaps a
minor code pause to facilitate the switch.

thoughts?

-Nathan

[1] https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=416920&aid=1626443&group_id=36177

Re: ant version support

Posted by Andrey Pavlenko <an...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Re: ant version support

Posted by Egor Pasko <eg...@gmail.com>.
On the 0x417 day of Apache Harmony Nathan Beyer wrote:
> There seem to be all sorts of quirks between Ant v1.6.5 and Ant
> v1.7.0. The most recent I just ran into was the DRLVM cunit tests
> failing because of the use of 'refid' instead of 'id' in the
> 'includepath' element [1].
>
> Since v1.7 has been out for quite a while now and most unix and linux
> variants are shipping that version as the default, I'd like to suggest
> that we move to v1.7 as the officially supported version. This would
> essentially be updating all doc (web site, readmes, etc) and perhaps a
> minor code pause to facilitate the switch.
>
> thoughts?

+1!

--
Egor Pasko

Re: ant version support

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@apache.org>.
On 30 марта 2008 Nathan Beyer wrote:
> There seem to be all sorts of quirks between Ant v1.6.5 and Ant
> v1.7.0. The most recent I just ran into was the DRLVM cunit tests
> failing because of the use of 'refid' instead of 'id' in the
> 'includepath' element [1].
>
> Since v1.7 has been out for quite a while now and most unix and linux
> variants are shipping that version as the default, I'd like to suggest
> that we move to v1.7 as the officially supported version. This would
> essentially be updating all doc (web site, readmes, etc) and perhaps a
> minor code pause to facilitate the switch.
>
> thoughts?

+1

I've been using a custom Ant location since I had to copy junit and ecj there.
Now that I learned about ~/.ant/lib I am going to use system default Ant
installation and it is 1.7.0 on most systems indeed.

--
Gregory

Re: ant version support

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org>.
It has been a few since we chatted about this. Is there anything holding
back formal push to Ant 1.7.0? Last time I checked it was only DRLVM's build
that had any issues with Ant 1.7.0, so that build will begin to not work on
1.6.5.

I'd like to put a version check in the scripts eventually, just to make it
obvious, but that can be discussed further.

-Nathan

Re: ant version support

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@gmail.com>.

Re: ant version support

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: ant version support

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org>.

Re: ant version support

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Nathan Beyer wrote:
> There seem to be all sorts of quirks between Ant v1.6.5 and Ant
> v1.7.0. The most recent I just ran into was the DRLVM cunit tests
> failing because of the use of 'refid' instead of 'id' in the
> 'includepath' element [1].
>
> Since v1.7 has been out for quite a while now and most unix and linux
> variants are shipping that version as the default, I'd like to suggest
> that we move to v1.7 as the officially supported version. This would
> essentially be updating all doc (web site, readmes, etc) and perhaps a
> minor code pause to facilitate the switch.
>
> thoughts?

+1

I've been using Ant 1.7 for quite a while and had no problem (obviously
not run the DRLVM cunit tests tho')

Regards,
Tim