Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2005/03/21 15:57:07 UTC

[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test 1.21

a release candidate for Apache-Test 1.21 is now available.

  http://cvs.apache.org/~geoff/Apache-Test-1.21-dev.tar.gz

please take the time to excercise the candidate through all your existing
applications that use Apache-Test and report back successes or failures.

--Geoff

Changes since 1.20:

fix Apache::TestConfig (was missing 'use lib' before using
lib::import) [William McKee <wi...@knowmad.com>]

TestConfigPerl will now configure mod_perl last, giving mod_perl
highest priority throughout the httpd lifecycle.  [Geoffrey Young]

Apache::TestConfig::untaint_path needs to remove empty entries in the
PATH list, since -T considers those tainted too. [Stas]

add Apache::TestHarnessPHP which allows for running client-side
scripts via php instead of perl.  [Geoffrey Young]

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test 1.21

Posted by David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>.
On Mar 21, 2005, at 9:58 AM, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> urgh, and that doesn't happen with 1.20?
>
> I'll putter around and see what I find.  but I don't get that error on
> my
> system.  perl -V?

Hrm, it looks like the test Apache process isn't even getting started!
And yes, it is happening with 1.20. How odd. It worked before.

*sigh* Just one more thing to do today. Thanks a million, bub!

Cheers,

David

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test 1.21

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Posted by David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>.
On Mar 21, 2005, at 11:09 AM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> David, please add:
>
> use Carp;
> $SIG{__WARN__} = \&Carp::cluck;
>
> to see who triggers this warning.

Never mind. It turns out the problem was due to my running
Module::Build out of CVS. I'll have to see what they broke.

Thanks,

David

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test 1.21

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>.
On Mar 21, 2005, at 6:57 AM, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> a release candidate for Apache-Test 1.21 is now available.
>
>   http://cvs.apache.org/~geoff/Apache-Test-1.21-dev.tar.gz
>
> please take the time to excercise the candidate through all your
> existing
> applications that use Apache-Test and report back successes or
> failures.

Hrm. With MasonX::Interp::WithCallbacks, I see this:

t/08apache............Use of uninitialized value in join or string at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5/darwin-2level/File/Spec/Unix.pm line 73.
Use of uninitialized value in join or string at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5/darwin-2level/File/Spec/Unix.pm line 73.

And then it freezes. The processes aren't taking up any CPU, so I don't
know what's going on...

:-(

David

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test 1.21

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Mar 21, 2005, at 9:57 AM, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> a release candidate for Apache-Test 1.21 is now available.
>
>   http://cvs.apache.org/~geoff/Apache-Test-1.21-dev.tar.gz
>
> please take the time to excercise the candidate through all your
> existing
> applications that use Apache-Test and report back successes or
> failures.

+1 on Sol8... SUSE 9.2 and OS X later on today :)

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test 1.21

Posted by "Christopher H. Laco" <cl...@chrislaco.com>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>make test successful and all existing modules using A-T ran without
>>problems under:
>>
>>     5.6.1/apache 1.3.33 win32
>>     5.8.4/apache 1.3.33 win32
>>     5.8.6/apache 1.3.33 FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE
>>     5.8.6/apache 1.3.33 win32
>>     5.6.1/apache 1.3.31 FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE
>

> excellent, thanks.
>
> I'll probably release officially tomorrow.
>
> --Geoff

I did stumble across an unrelated problem along the way.
I installed PathTools from Randys ppm server one of the win32 5.6.1
installs.

Then I found out that its @INC was backwords:

	C:\perl\perl561\lib;C:\perl\perl561\site\lib

It refused to see the new Cwd until I yanked it from the stock install.
I hate when they do that. The old < 4.8 freebsd perls were the same way.

-=Chris

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test 1.21

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Posted by "Christopher H. Laco" <cl...@chrislaco.com>.

Posted by "Christopher H. Laco" <cl...@chrislaco.com>.

Posted by "Christopher H. Laco" <cl...@chrislaco.com>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:

>>It would be nice to not even get that MakeMaker param warning.
>

> it sounds like you're using an old MakeMaker version, which doesn't
> understand some of the newer tags.  I think that's probably ok.

It's never caused me problems in the past. I just like the idea of not
used the tag of MakeMaker isn't new enough to understand it. Like I

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Posted by "Christopher H. Laco" <cl...@chrislaco.com>.
Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> It would be nice to not even get that MakeMaker param warning.
> Also, make distclean does clean out t/cgi-bin/cookies.pl or t/REPORT. Is
> that by design?

s/does/doesn't/

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test 1.21

Posted by "Christopher H. Laco" <cl...@chrislaco.com>.

Posted by "Christopher H. Laco" <cl...@chrislaco.com>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:
> a release candidate for Apache-Test 1.21 is now available.
>
>   http://cvs.apache.org/~geoff/Apache-Test-1.21-dev.tar.gz

I'm unable to download. I've tried at work and at home without success.
I just get a connection timeout error.

> C:\Documents and Settings\claco>nslookup cvs.apache.org
> Server:  trinity.dmz.matrix.network
> Address:  10.10.10.5
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> Name:    cvs.apache.org
> Address:  209.237.227.194

Work is behind a proxy. Home is not.
-=Chris

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test 1.21

Posted by "Christopher H. Laco" <cl...@chrislaco.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.