Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by NV <ve...@tarangtech.com> on 2007/01/08 08:10:14 UTC

Discounts in ofBiz framework

Hi,

We are using ofBiz framework for developing a application for our client. We
have a concept "Discounts". Under this Discounts we need to implement the
following:

Assume that the price of a single product is $100.00

But, if the Buyer buys on the bulk say above 10 units and <= 20 units then
he can get each product for $90.00
or if he buys above 20 units and <= 50 units then he can get each product
for $85.00 and so on. This purchase for a single order.

Can ofBiz framework have this type of functionality or we have to do new
desing for this?

We will appriciate early responses.

Thanks in advance,
Venkat

Re: Discounts in ofBiz framework

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
NV schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> We are using ofBiz framework for developing a application for our client. We
> have a concept "Discounts". Under this Discounts we need to implement the
> following:
>
> Assume that the price of a single product is $100.00
>
> But, if the Buyer buys on the bulk say above 10 units and <= 20 units then
> he can get each product for $90.00
> or if he buys above 20 units and <= 50 units then he can get each product
> for $85.00 and so on. This purchase for a single order.
>
> Can ofBiz framework have this type of functionality or we have to do new
> desing for this?

It could be done with price rules:

Default Price: $100.00

Rule1:
 Conditions:
   Product is 10010
   Quantity is Greater Than  10
   Quantity is Less Than or Equal 20
 Actions:
   Flat Amount Override 90

Rule2:
 Conditions:
   Product is 10010
   Quantity is Greater Than  20
   Quantity is Less Than or Equal  50
 Actions:
   Flat Amount Override 85

I'm not sure how it scales and the users probably won't like this way to
enter a price ...

--
Christian