Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by dbolk <db...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/13 22:18:28 UTC

JNDI lookup in GEronimo 2

Hi all,
I am very new to the EJB 3 world, and trying to make my way with one of the
example. I successfully created number of EJB 3 Session beans. I was able to
use those session beans from WEB(Local Interface)  application deployed in
the same EAR together with my session beans.
Now I am trying to go one step forward and trying to access my session beans
from plain Java class that have not been deployed into Geronimo.
I tried to run following code:

javax.naming.Context ic;
	    properties.put("java.naming.factory.initial",
"org.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
	    properties.put("java.naming.provider.url", "127.0.0.1:4201");
	    properties.put("java.naming.security.principal", "myuser");
	    properties.put("java.naming.security.credentials", "mypass");

	    ic = new InitialContext(properties);
	    Object session = ic.lookup("/DAOSession");

at this point I am getting
javax.naming.AuthenticationException: This principle is not authorized.

If I am removing principal and credentials properties -  I am getting Object
can not be found Exception.

class name of my session bean is DAOSession.

PLease let me know, what I am doing wrong.

THank you.