Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by tomw <to...@ubilix.com> on 2012/11/14 16:42:25 UTC

How to change the Solr 4.0 index format?

Hi folks,

I was trying to use an index created by Solr 4.0 by mahout. However,
creating the vectors like:

bin/mahout lucene.vector -d ~/apache-solr-4.0.0/example/solr/data/index
--output /tmp/mahout/vectors --field text --idField id
--dictOut /tmp/mahout/dict.txt --norm 2

fails with an error:

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFormatTooOldException: Format version is
not supported

which is kind of surprising as the entire stack is the latest one
available. Does it mean that Solr is creating the index in some kind of
old format? Is it possible to change the format? So far I have not found
any entry in the config files which would indicate that.

Any idea?

Thanks,

--tomw

Re: How to change the Solr 4.0 index format?

Posted by tomw <to...@ubilix.com>.
On Mi, 2012-11-14 at 18:50 +0200, Artem Lokotosh wrote:
> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-1112
> Seems mahout doesn't yet support lucene 4.0

That indeed seems to be the reason. Running the test with solr 3.6.1
works fine.

Posted by Artem Lokotosh <ar...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Artem Lokotosh        mailto:arconen@gmail.com

Re: How to change the Solr 4.0 index format?

Posted by tomw <to...@ubilix.com>.

Posted by Artem Lokotosh <ar...@gmail.com>.