Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Greg Zoller <gr...@codaware.com> on 2003/04/28 20:50:46 UTC

ChangeLog?

Hello...

I noticed that there's a changelog feature in site:generate.  It creates
an xml file with changelog data in it.

Does this file need to be manually maintained, or is there a param somewhere
that pulls content out of CVS?

Thanks
Greg

Re: ChangeLog?

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 8:23 PM +0100 4/28/03, Mark H. Wilkinson wrote:
>On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 19:50, Greg Zoller wrote:
>>  Hello...
>>
>>  I noticed that there's a changelog feature in site:generate.  It creates
>>  an xml file with changelog data in it.
>>
>>  Does this file need to be manually maintained, or is there a param somewhere
>>  that pulls content out of CVS?
>
>It uses the <repository> and <connection> elements in project.xml to
>connect to the CVS repository. You might have to set-up CVS pserver to
>allow anonymous read-only access if you haven't already (if you're
>running a private CVS repository, for example). I don't know exactly
>what the limitations are on the CVS client that maven has, but I'd
>suspect it would make life easier to set your infrastructure up
>similarly to Apache's in this respect.

For what it's worth, I just replaced the "anoncvs" user with a
property, and then asked local developers to set that property in
their ~/build.properties file...  Since CVS caches your password,
this seems to work fine and saves us from opening up anoncvs to our
repository.

maven.cvs.username=germuska
<connection>scm:cvs:pserver:${maven.cvs.username}@cvs.foo.com:/cvs:module/submodule</connection>

Joe

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com
"If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time."
	--Jaron Lanier

Re: ChangeLog?

Posted by "Mark H. Wilkinson" <mh...@kremvax.net>.
On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 19:50, Greg Zoller wrote:
> Hello...
>
> I noticed that there's a changelog feature in site:generate.  It creates
> an xml file with changelog data in it.
>
> Does this file need to be manually maintained, or is there a param somewhere
> that pulls content out of CVS?

It uses the <repository> and <connection> elements in project.xml to
connect to the CVS repository. You might have to set-up CVS pserver to
allow anonymous read-only access if you haven't already (if you're
running a private CVS repository, for example). I don't know exactly
what the limitations are on the CVS client that maven has, but I'd
suspect it would make life easier to set your infrastructure up
similarly to Apache's in this respect.

-Mark.