Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Denis Signoretto <de...@intesys.it> on 2012/05/09 15:05:51 UTC

Adjustments for installations affected by issue "Foreign key constraints missed with OpenJPA"

Hi,

I'm using an installation of Syncope (Version: 1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT)
prior to the closure of issue #71 [1].
I would avoid schema rebuild or a reinstallation from scratch.

I'm wondering if to correct the issue I just neet to update Syncope to latest
release or if I have to do some manual operation.

Can you help me?

Thanks,
Denis.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-71

Re: Adjustments for installations affected by issue "Foreign key constraints missed with OpenJPA"

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno 09/mag/2012, alle ore 15.05, Denis Signoretto ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using an installation of Syncope (Version: 1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT)
> prior to the closure of issue #71 [1].
> I would avoid schema rebuild or a reinstallation from scratch.
>
> I'm wondering if to correct the issue I just neet to update Syncope to latest
> release or if I have to do some manual operation.
>
> Can you help me?

Hi Denis,
after resolving the issue #71 you should be able to update apache syncope without rebuilding the schema.
BTW, I cannot be sure about this. I'd like to suggest you to perform the following steps;

1. export your db by using the administration console
2. be sure about the correctness of the export (may be you have to perform manually operation to give a right order to the xml elements)
3. update syncope
4. clean your db
5. start syncope by using your export to initialize the content
6. in case of troubles, return to the point 2 and try to repair manually ....

Regards,
F.