Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mallik <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/14 08:09:56 UTC

Validation framework for Dynamically added HTML elements?

Hi Friends
i have one form where user enter his family details
for this i create on row of fields (like name,relationtype,occupation) if
user want to add one more relation, he click on addmore button then i
provied one more row and user need more, click on addmore and i create
another row
this way my form will get fields dynamically using javascript
createElement() method,
now i want to add validation framework for this form
how to manage in struts-config.xml ( for each form field we specify
<form-property name="" type=""/>
or is there any alternative solution for this problem in struts framework
please let me know
urs
Mallik

Re: Hpw to pass multiple parameters in

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Alternatively, you can stick with html:link but supply your parameters
as a map:

or

See the documentation for the html:link tag for more details:

http://struts.apache.org/1.2.9/userGuide/struts-html.html#link

L.

RE: Validation framework for Dynamically added HTML elements?

Posted by Mallik <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hi friend,
i want how to create array of elements
please help me
urs
Mallik

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
You can achieve what you want more simply; no need to start using Ajax
just for expanding an input form :-)

What you need to do is to generate additional rows that use the correct
naming conventions for the parameter names. Start by getting the form
working for some fixed number of input rows, backed by indexed
properties in your form bean. Then just modify your Javascript as
necessary so that the dynamically generated inputs look the same as the
ones that were served by Struts.

L.