Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Daniel Rodrigues Ambrósio <jo...@uol.com.br> on 2004/12/16 23:45:53 UTC

Goal site:deploy

Hello everyone,

I´d like to know if anyone wver experience this problem below, and ask for some help! :)

I am having trouble with the site:deploy (and also site:sshdeploy) goals from maven. When the script will try to create the folder to deploy the contents it hangs.

I executed the following command:

maven -X site:sshdeploy

- This is my config file:

maven.repo.list= projects

#settings for repository 'projects'
maven.repo.projects=sftp://projects.uol.com.br
maven.repo.projects.username=daniel
maven.repo.projects.password=daniel
maven.repo.projects.directory=/export/htdocs/projects.uol.com.br

maven.xdoc.date=left
maven.repo.remote=http://projects.uol.com.br,http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/

- This is the output:

site:sshdeploy:
    [echo]
      siteAddress = projects.uol.com.br
      siteDirectory = /export/htdocs/projects.uol.com.br/tarifacao
      siteUser = daniel

    [gzip] Building: D:\projects\desconto-programado\rating-src\target\tarifacao-2.0-site.tar.gz
    [delete] Deleting: D:\projects\desconto-programado\rating-src\target\tarifacao-2.0-site.tar
    [exec] [VERBOSE] Current OS is Windows XP
    [exec] [VERBOSE] Executing 'ssh' with arguments:
'-l'
'daniel'
'projects.uol.com.br'
'mkdir -p /export/htdocs/projects.uol.com.br/tarifacao'

The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
not part of the command.

    [exec] [DEBUG] Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: Executing 'ssh' with arguments:
'-l'
'daniel'
'projects.uol.com.br'
'mkdir -p /export/htdocs/projects.uol.com.br/tarifacao'

The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
not part of the command.

The strange thing is that I can successfully use other commands that connect through ssh to the server, and if execute the command "ssh -l daniel projects.uol.com.br mkdir -p /export/htdocs/projects.uol.com.br/tarifacao" it also works (prompts for password).

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks a lot,
Daniel

Re: Goal site:deploy

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
How about site:war? This creates a web application you can drop in to
any application server.

site:generate creatyes the site itself in a local directory.

And as you know, site:deploy does the above and uses SCP to copy it to
a remote server location - already expanded.

- Brett

Re: Goal site:deploy

Re: Goal site:deploy

Posted by Geoffrey <jc...@hotmail.com>.
I created an issue for more docs about it in JIRA of the site plugin.
Check it out, it has a xdoc explaining what to do, and post improvements on
the doc in the issue.

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey

"Brett Porter" <br...@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
its waiting for you to type your password :)

I don't think input is accepted though, so you need to set up an SSH
agent with identity key (or identity key with no passphrase).

site:deploy, unlike all other deploy goals, still uses the external
SSH command to connect.

- Brett

Re: Goal site:deploy

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.