Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ramón Dominguez Rivas <rd...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/12 15:59:53 UTC

Apache Ignite 2.0.0 Events Issue

Hey guys I posted a few days ago a message in the gitter chat where I was
mentioning issues with remote events using .NET API, so here I am attaching
the files and the way to reproduce my issue as you were asking me for do it.

1) Take the cacheEvents-config file as config for a SERVER standalone node,
I did use the Apache.Ignite.exe wrapper as utility for run this node.

2)Take the ApacheIgniteEventsTest solution zipped and run it in the same
machine you are running the server node, this project creates a node on
client mode and the subscribed events there are never reached by the
subscribed listener. I just followed what the documentation says but looks
like there are no way to listen remote events using the IEvents interface
in the .net interface.

Thank you in advance guys.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0.0 Events Issue

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
Hi,

There is 2 issues in your code:

1) You only put 1 value in cache and you cannot be sure whether your
node is primary for this particular key or not. As you use "LocalListen"
you will only receive notifications for those events which are local for
your node. Try putting 100 key-value pairs - you will receive notifications
for roughly half of them, as the second half will be stored on remote node.

2) Your second node starts without cacheEvents-config file so events
won't be enabled for it.

Also, note, that your second node is not client node. This is the server
node just as the first one. If you want to start client node you need to
explicitly configure it to be a client. See [1] for details. But also keep
in
mind that if you make your second node client it will not receive any
CacheObjectPut or CacheObjectRemoved etc local events, as it will not
store cache data locally and thus those events won't be "local" for it.

[1] -
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/clients-vs-servers#section-configuring-clients-and-servers

Best Regards,
Igor