Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Samaraweera, Ravinda" <ra...@kpmg.com> on 2012/08/28 11:54:11 UTC

IOException: Error writing to server

Dear experts ,

What is the cause for following error?

Is it that server can not handle the no of http requests that I sent ?

012/08/28 15:18:14 ERROR - jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPJavaImpl:
Cause: java.io.IOException: Error writing to server
2012/08/28 15:18:19 ERROR - jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPJavaImpl:
readResponse: java.io.IOException: Error writing to server

I config for 50 users , 5 http request, each http request has minimum 3
to 8 requests (Looped).

Thanks,
Chi

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it.
If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
KPMG is neither liable for the proper,
complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor any delay in its receipt.

Re: IOException: Error writing to server

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.
Hey

Software Problems: Heap Size, Web Server Connection Problems
Hardware Problems: Memory Size, CPU Problems

:)
Deepak

On 8/29/12, Rodrigo Ramos <cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Probably, you need look your file system to determinate free space.
>
> 2012/8/28 Samaraweera, Ravinda <ra...@kpmg.com>
>
>> Dear experts ,
>>
>> What is the cause for following error?
>>
>> Is it that server can not handle the no of http requests that I sent ?
>>
>> 012/08/28 15:18:14 ERROR - jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPJavaImpl:
>> Cause: java.io.IOException: Error writing to server
>> 2012/08/28 15:18:19 ERROR - jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPJavaImpl:
>> readResponse: java.io.IOException: Error writing to server
>>
>> I config for 50 users , 5 http request, each http request has minimum 3
>> to 8 requests (Looped).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chi

>> Disclaimer
>>
>> The information contained in this communication is confidential and may
>> be
>> legally privileged.
>> It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it
>> is addressed and others authorised to receive it.
>> If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
>> disclosure, copying,
>> distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this
>> information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
>> KPMG is neither liable for the proper,
>> complete transmission of the information contained in this communication
>> nor any delay in its receipt.

Namaskara~Nalama~Guten Tag~Bonjour

   --
Keigu

Deepak
+91-9765089593
deicool@gmail.com
http://www.simtree.net

Skype: thumsupdeicool
Google talk: deicool
Blog: http://loveandfearless.wordpress.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/deicool

"Contribute to the world, environment and more : http://www.gridrepublic.org
"

Re: IOException: Error writing to server

Posted by Rodrigo Ramos <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.
Aloha.

Something went wrong in your testing environment, where JMeter is
deployed/installed.
HTTPJavaImpl.readResponse<http://jmeter.apache.org/api/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/sampler/HTTPJavaImpl.html#readResponse(java.net.HttpURLConnection,
org.apache.jmeter.samplers.SampleResult)> got an IOException probably due
to a write access denied, HD is out of space, jmeter log file got too big
or something like this.
You could try, separately and/or together, to:
- increase JMeter HEAP parameter (-Xmx)
- use other HTTP implementations such as HC3.1 or HC4

Is there any stacktrace, relevant to this case, you could share?

Hope it helps.
Flávio Cysne