Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Florian Müller <fl...@alfresco.com> on 2010/09/13 12:27:26 UTC

Extensions Proposal

Hi,

The current way to set and extract CMIS extension with OpenCMIS is a bit
cumbersome.
You can get and set a List<Object> which effectively is a
List<org.w3c.dom.Element> at the moment. But this is difficult to use
and will not work with the upcoming JSON binding.

I would like to replace that with a binding agnostic approach, a
List<ExtensionElement> where ExtensionElement is something like that:

public interface ExtensionElement {

     String getName();

     String getNamespace(); // is ignored if the binding doesn't
                            // support namespaces

     String getValue(); // returns null if the element has children

     List<ExtensionElement> getChildren();
}

If nobody objects I will start implementing that end of this week.

- Florian

RE: Extensions Proposal

Posted by "Klevenz, Stephan" <st...@sap.com>.
+1