Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by William Oberman <ob...@civicscience.com> on 2012/11/12 21:25:58 UTC

remove DC

There is a great guide here on how to add resources:
http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.1/operations/cluster_management#adding-capacity

What about deleting resources?  I'm thinking of removing a data center.
Clearly I'd need to change strategy options, which is currently something
like this:
{DC1:3,DC2:1}
to:
{DC1:3})

But, after that change, I'm wondering if anything else needs to happen?
 All of the data in DC1 is already in the correct spots, so I don't think I
have to run repair or cleanup...

will

Re: remove DC

Posted by William Oberman <ob...@civicscience.com>.
My situation is that DC2 was not written to, thanks!

Re: remove DC

Posted by Jeremiah Jordan <je...@gmail.com>.