Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by da...@etrak-plus.com on 2003/12/23 16:37:55 UTC

odd error

I am trying to import data from a remote machine to a svnserve proccess running on machine tippu. Both machines are win2k and this is the following command and the message i get.

C:\working\Development>svn import svn://tippu/subversionrepo --message "inital d
ata"
svn: Connection is read-only

On the server i started it with the svnserve -d process.
Are there any other setup or paramaters i need to look at to get this to work correctly?

Thanks,
Daniel Schulken

---

Re: odd error

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 10:37, daniel@etrak-plus.com wrote:
> I am trying to import data from a remote machine to a svnserve
> proccess running on machine tippu. Both machines are win2k and this is
> the following command and the message i get.
>
> C:\working\Development>svn import svn://tippu/subversionrepo --message
> "inital d
> ata"
> svn: Connection is read-only
>
> On the server i started it with the svnserve -d process.
> Are there any other setup or paramaters i need to look at to get this
> to work correctly?

Yes.  Take a look at the 'svnserve.conf' file sitting in your
repository's 'conf' area.  You need to enable write-access, it's off by
default.