Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by "Powell, Andrew (US - Atlanta)" <an...@deloitte.com> on 2017/01/23 21:01:39 UTC

Incubator Graduation Status

Do we know when the anticipated date for PredictionIO to graduate from incubator to top-level apache project is?  This is crucial in our development planning.

ap

Andrew Powell
Deloitte Consulting LLP
Mobile: +1470 985-0355
andpowell@deloitte.com<ma...@deloitte.com> | www.deloitte.com<http://www.deloitte.com/>

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, by you is strictly prohibited.

v.E.1

Re: Incubator Graduation Status

Posted by "Powell, Andrew (US - Atlanta)" <an...@deloitte.com>.
It’s a perception issue.  It’s easier to sell leadership on an apache project that isn’t in “incubator” status.

From: Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>
Date: Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 2:04 PM
To: "user@predictionio.incubator.apache.org" <us...@predictionio.incubator.apache.org>, "venkatesh@studiodiseno.com" <ve...@studiodiseno.com>
Subject: Re: Incubator Graduation Status

May I ask why you are interested? Graduation only means the project is active and operating under Apache best practices, it does not affect releases or quality.  In fact there may be less eyes on releases once we have graduated.

On Jan 26, 2017, at 9:24 AM, Venkatesh Kumar <ve...@studiodiseno.com>> wrote:

That's a good news.
Regards
Venki

On Jan 24, 2017 2:45 AM, "Simon Chan" <si...@salesforce.com>> wrote:
I think it's reasonable to aim for graduating this year.

Simon
Salesforce

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Powell, Andrew (US - Atlanta) <an...@deloitte.com>> wrote:
Do we know when the anticipated date for PredictionIO to graduate from incubator to top-level apache project is?  This is crucial in our development planning.

ap

Andrew Powell
Deloitte Consulting LLP
Mobile: +1470 985-0355<tel:(470)%20985-0355>

Posted by Venkatesh Kumar <ve...@studiodiseno.com>.
That's a good news.

Posted by Simon Chan <si...@salesforce.com>.