Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/10/29 18:01:10 UTC

RE: getType() for an element

I am suddenly thinking that this issue will turn out to be an internal
CXF issue. CXF is building XmlSchema representation for types as part of
mapping from Java to WSDL with JAXB. The resulting structures never have
the type fields filled in. I'm reasonable sure that what CXF is doing is
not parsing a .xsd file but rather building objects on the fly, and
simply not setting these values. In which case I will apologize for
bothering you.

I would ask for the following question: generally, a type lives in a
schema. In the 'read an xsd' file paradigm, what schema do the basic
types live in?