Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu> on 2013/06/03 22:10:52 UTC

RE: New Demographic information extractor

Depending on the size of the annotator, you could consider contributing it to ctakes-core, or you could create another sub-project of ctakes -- and base it on one of the smaller and simpler (sub)projects.

New subprojects typically start within the sandbox subdirectory
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/sandbox/

In my institution's case, those pieces of information that you mention (Age etc) are already in databases that can be correlated with the free text  -- do you have a use case for that kind of annotator?

- James Masanz

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I don't have such an annotator. The Age, Sex, etc data in our database  was not extracted from the free text.

If your Institution has already created an annotator for extracting Age, Sex, Marital Status, Social History, that is all I need. Could you please suggest how can I use your Institutions annotator for same?
That will be really helpful.
Regards,
Piyush

Posted by Piyush Jain <pj...@fau.edu>.