Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Юдин Денис Игоревич <Di...@elbrus.ru> on 2005/01/17 14:57:27 UTC

Passing JS, JSP and images between consumer and producer

Hi, all!

I've splitted wsrp into two tomcats:
    Tomcat-producer with WSRP and MyProject webapps and
    Tomcat-consumer with Pluto and ProxyPortlet webapps.

I've got some troubles during this process.
    First I made images get from Tomcat-producer to Tomcat-consumer using
            src="<%=renderResponse.encodeURL(renderRequest.getContextPath() + "/images/cal.gif")%>"
    So I did with *.js.

And the last problem is:
    In my calendar.js there is a ref to "/MyProject/jsp/calendar.jsp". Tomcat-consumer trying to resolve this link but there are not such file! It is in Tomcat-producer!
    I can't use something like
            src="<%=renderResponse.encodeURL(renderRequest.getContextPath() + "/jsp/calendar.jsp")%>" in *.js
    Of course, I can place this link into JSP that refers to calendar.js, but itsn't pretty good.

Can you offer me other way to get my calendar work?

Re: Passing JS, JSP and images between consumer and producer

Posted by Liang Chen <la...@gmail.com>.
*.js = javascript file ?

If it is, I am afraid that *.js can not contain <%%> code. *.js is
execuated in client's browser, not server side. The <%%> in *.js will
be omitted by browser or  a javascript error.

--
Liang Chen
in Shanghai, China

Re: Passing JS, JSP and images between consumer and producer

Posted by Diego Louzán <di...@metalicana.org>.
I don't know why are you doing this through javascript. Your code isn't
executed in producer or consumer, but on end-user (browser). You can't use
those links in javascript files, so I think I'm not understanding you. Please
give more details for what you want to do.

Regards.
Diego.