Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Christine Q." <Be...@gmx.net> on 2002/10/25 16:25:55 UTC

Question about using the Hypersonic SQL Database

Hi all,

I decided to use the integrated Hypersonic SQL database for my
implementation of a portal. Now I need to develop my own tables and peer
classes with Torque. I thought it would be better to put these tables
not into the same database which is used by Jetspeed. Therefore I want
to use another database which contains all of my own tables.

My problem is to find the necessary steps to do this. Until now I have
done the following steps:

1. Download and extract the jetspeed-1.4b1-release-src.zip file
2. Create a new file km.properties in the folder \build\torque which
contains for example the following definitions:
	project=km
	targetPackage=com.icq.km.db
	databaseUrl = jdbc:HypersonicSQL:${webapp.dir}/WEB-INF/db/km

3. Create a new file km-schema.xml in the folder \build\torque\schema
which contains the database definition:
	<database name="kmsystem">
    			<column name="SKILL_ID" required="true"
primaryKey="true" type="INTEGER"/>
    			<column name="NAME" required="true" size="30"
type="VARCHAR"/>
    			<column name="DEPTH" default="0" required="true"
type="INTEGER"/>
    			<column name="PARENT" required="true"
type="INTEGER"/>
	</database>

When I run the build.bat file my database shall be created with all
other Jetspeed files.

Has someone an idea what further steps are necessary?

Ciao Christine