Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by DanD <DD...@UP.COM> on 2007/04/18 20:40:46 UTC

org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.Crypto API question

We use a custom process to access digital certs and private keys and do not
use key stores.  To manage this process, I've implemented my own version of
Crypto and gotten it to work for my three use cases (signatures, encryption
and sign/encrypt).  My question concerns the method

public String getAliasForX509Cert(Certificate cert) throws
WSSecurityException;

This basically requires me to iterate through every cert in our database to
find a match and then return an alias.  Having thousands of certs to search
through makes this a deal breaker.  Is it possible to have the section of
code that calls this API function to pass in the headers received with the
SOAP envelope?  All of our customers are required to send header information
that we use to look up the certs.  If this can't be patched into the code
base, could someone point me to the set of classes I would need to change to
implement it myself?

Thanks,
Dan

RE: org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.Crypto API question

Posted by Sanjesh Pathak <sa...@soapknox.com>.
Dan,

If I understand correctly what you trying to do, one way you could do this
is to get the message context within this method, get your header from the
message context and do cert look up using the header info.

Sanjesh

Real-Time Web Service Monitoring for Java and .NET
SoapKnox Inc
http://www.soapknox.com