Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Li Xiaoli-a17351 <a1...@motorola.com> on 2001/07/02 04:21:48 UTC

the return of org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.init(java.lang.Str ing propsFilename)

Hi

In java docs, I find clase org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity, the method init()
public static void init(java.lang.String propsFilename)
                 throws java.lang.Exception

can return true if successful, false otherwise.

But in it's definition, the return type is void, why?

thanks
Charley

Re: the return of org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.init(java.lang.Str ingpropsFilename)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Li Xiaoli-a17351 wrote:

> Hi
>
> In java docs, I find clase org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity, the method init()
> public static void init(java.lang.String propsFilename)
>                  throws java.lang.Exception
>
> can return true if successful, false otherwise.
>
> But in it's definition, the return type is void, why?

The docs are wrong.  Thanks for the catch!

geir

System and Software Consulting