Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Cummings <cu...@netscape.net> on 2002/09/21 00:09:14 UTC

Problem redirecting to an XSP

Hello,

I have what *seems* to be a problem redirecting to an XSP after authentication. At first I was trying out the sunRise components per Matthew's tutorial and it seems to work until my login component in the pipeline is called, and the authentication pipeline configured in the handler is called. When this occurs I get a blank page and NO error message. I looked at my log files and it appears that the login pipeline uses the sunRise config to call my authentication component, which happens to be an XSP and then it just kind of stops. I don't see any error messages in the log, and the page returned is blank.

Then I tried the same situation with my own custom authentication components (having NOTHING to do with sunRise), just my own set of actions and sitemap flow-control. Again, all was fine and well until a redirect to my authenticate.xsp was made, and a blank page was returned and no information in the log file. This seems really wierd to me. My XSP does do work, and I would figure that some exception would be thrown at the very least. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? I couldn't find this problem in the mailing list archives. Thanks ahead of time for any help anyone can provide.

/S

--
Steven Cummings
Columbia, MO

Re: Problem redirecting to an XSP

Posted by Antonio Gallardo Rivera <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
I will try to explain the same error as yours.

Have you checking if the authentication manager is getting the right
parameters?

1-I am now getting this:

DEBUG   (2002-09-23) 03:19.57:700   [core.manager] (/myapp/my-login)
Thread-6/ResourceLimitingPool: Got a
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.AuthenticationManager
from the pool.
DEBUG   (2002-09-23) 03:19.57:700   [core.roles] (/myapps/my-login)
Thread-6/DefaultRoleManager: looking up shorthand authentication-manager,
returning
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.AuthenticationManager
DEBUG   (2002-09-23) 03:19.57:701   [core.authentication-manager]
(/multipremios/ags-login) Thread-6/AuthenticationManager: BEGIN authenticate
handler=myhandler, parameters=SourceParameters: {password = (), name = ()}
                                                                          ^^^^
2-The sitemap is not "serving" the params as requested, see the fragment of my
sitemap:

<map:match pattern="ags-login">
        <map:act type="auth-login">
            <map:parameter name="handler" value="agshandler"/>
            <map:parameter name="parameter_name"
		value="{request:name}"/>
            <map:parameter name="parameter_password"
		value="{request:password}"/>
            <map:redirect-to uri="{request:url}"/>
        </map:act>
	<!-- An error ocurred -->
        <map:generate src="docs/aut-error.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
        <map:transform src="stylesheets/thestyle.xsl"/>
        <map:transform type="encodeURL"/>
        <map:serialize/>
      </map:match>

3-I also check and the caller is serving the params as follow (from core.log):

REQUEST PARAMETERS:

PARAM: 'password' VALUES: '[mypass]'
PARAM: 'name' VALUES: '[myname]'

4-What I am doing wrong?