Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by sandeep khandekar <cl...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/22 12:52:43 UTC

The server refused the connection

Dear Cloudstackers,

After logging into cloudstack UI as admin, from a local computer.
when I try to  open the console, it shows connection refused. Unable to
open any of the (centos,system vm,ubuntu) consoles from remote machines.
>From Local machine(mangement server) didnt tried as centos got installed in
non-gui mode.

How to solve these problem?

Does any one knows the doc links for such issues.

--
SANDEEP KHANDEKAR
Assistant Professor

Re: The server refused the connection

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
Not certain what hypervisors you are using or what version of ACS you
have installed, but in general, here is the flow and things you need to
check:

1) When you launch a console session to guest VM through cloudstack UI,
the call goes out to Console Proxy VM over port 3922 with private key
(try connecting to this port from Management Server (aka MS) to Console
Proxy VM (aka CPVM)
2) CPVM responds to cloudstack on port 8250 - make this works, you can
connect to console proxy vm over 3922 (ssh session) and telnet or netcat
to MS on 8250
3) The call from CPVM goes out to your hypervisor which tries to
establish a VNC session, typically ports are 5900+ (this behavior varies
for different hypervisors but start with 5900+ or 59000+) If you have a
firewall blocking this communicaton, you should see a time_wait
connection when you run "netstat -antup" on CPVM
4) If VNC is established in step "3", the response comes back to your
browser over SSL "443" unless you dont have ssl enabled, then it would
be 80.

Troubleshooting

1) make sure that console proxy vm is deployed and functional, you can
see it under system vms tab.
2) you can try rebooting to see if it helps - or you can try to identify
the root cause by doing following - read on..

Establish 4 SSH connections, 2 to MS and 2 to CPVM
For MS,
1) In first terminal run "watch 'netstat -antup' " - look for any
time_wait or other unsuccessful connection issues
2) In second terminal run "tail -f
/var/log/cloudstack/management/management-server.log", look for any
ERRORs, make sure to read 10-20 lines above the error to understand what
the problem is

For CPVM
1) In first terminal run "watch 'netstat -antup' " - look for any
time_wait or other unsuccessful connection issues
2) 2) In second terminal run "tail -f /var/log/cloud/cloud.out" or "tail
-f /var/log/cloud.out", look for any ERRORs, make sure to read 10-20
lines above the error to understand what the problem is

If its not apparent then, post the logs to some site and share the link
with time as to when you executed the command. Make sure to include your
ACS version, Hypervisors type, network setup, anything else you feel
should be mentioned.

Regards
ilya

Posted by Amogh Vasekar <am...@citrix.com>.
Hi,
Which version is it? And what is the value of global config
"consoleproxy.url.domain"?

Amogh