Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Kevin Clark <ke...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/15 21:13:00 UTC

Welcoming new committer Bryan Duxbury!

Good afternoon folks,
If you're paying attention to this list, you probably already know
Bryan. He's been active in the Java and Ruby libraries, done work on
the proposed CompactProtocol, and recently been making great strides
in Ruby serialization performance. And he's been doing good work on
Thrift as far back as I can remember. Heck, he filed THRIFT-3.

I've worked with Bryan a great deal over the past year, and grown to
trust his code and his judgment. So, with that said, I'm very pleased
to announce that Bryan Duxbury has been offered and accepted a
position as a committer on the Thrift incubation project. Let's make
him feel welcome.

--
Kevin Clark
http://glu.ttono.us

Re: Welcoming new committer Bryan Duxbury!

Posted by Esteve Fernandez <es...@sindominio.net>.
On Thursday 15 January 2009 21:47:09 Bryan Duxbury wrote:
> Thanks everyone. Glad to be on board.

Congratulations dude, you truly deserved it!

Re: Welcoming new committer Bryan Duxbury!

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.
Thanks everyone. Glad to be on board.

-Bryan

Posted by Michael Greene <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Kevin Clark <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
So, with that said, I'm very pleased
> to announce that Bryan Duxbury has been offered and accepted a
> position as a committer on the Thrift incubation project. Let's make
> him feel welcome.

This is great news!  Welcome to committership Bryan.

Michael

RE: Welcoming new committer Bryan Duxbury!

Posted by Mark Slee <ms...@facebook.com>.
Welcome aboard, Bryan. Great to have you.

In an ode to Jira, I've gone ahead and made this web-official.