Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Robert Rice <ro...@windermere.com> on 2003/12/09 02:45:38 UTC

task and cookies, holding state

Hello,

Has anyhone successfully held state in the form of cookies, between
web-related ant tasks.  I need to do the following:

* hit a login url that requires username/password passed
* allow a cookie to be set with session information
* make a series of http get(s) to retrieve files, where the previously set
cookie is passed back.

Any suggestions on how I might approach this?

Thanks,
Robert Rice

Re: task and cookies, holding state

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Also, have a look at Canoo WebTest and its Ant task that might be able
to do this.

You may end up having to write a wrapper over HttpClient or HttpUnit.
Although I would suspect someone has written tasks to do this in some
form or another.

	Erik