Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/11/14 15:03:45 UTC

ApacheCon EU Developer Questionnaire

Hey all,

at ApacheCon,  I’d like to highlight what the community is looking forward to in 2.0 aside from the obvious big-ticket features and improvements.

To that end, I’d like to ask everyone to share:

- their top three new little things that 2.0 gains over 1.0.
- their top three bugs that 2.0 (finally!) fixes.

I’ll start:

Top three “little” things:
- faster / better compactor
- view _changes
- more canonical Erlang source code

Top three bugs:
- It’d be unfair to call Futon a bug, but there are so many little things that needed improvement that I’m very happy we have Fauxton now.
- The fact that the C in CouchDB has always been a bit of a lie and that we are now addressing this in the few places in the API where that matters.
- No more autotools.

Thank you for your help! :)

Best
Jan

Re: ApacheCon EU Developer Questionnaire

Posted by Robert Kowalski <ro...@kowalski.gd>.
sure!

as dev:
 - autotools!!!
 - otp structure / canonical erlang source

as user and dev:
 - clusters!
 - fauxton as default ui

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.