Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Harding, Christopher (Student Assistant)" <Ch...@softwareag.com> on 2000/11/23 16:32:20 UTC

HTTP URL Encoding

Hi,
  I've noticed that with WebDrive the URL information send to slide is
encoded as stated in the HTTP RFC. The encoding sticks throught the use of
slide and does not get changed back. Shouldn't this encoding be striped and
replaced by the unicode characters before the URI is passed through slide?
Or do I have to do this at the repository level? Personally I beleive it
should be done when the URL is first passed to Slide and the URI set.

Chris Harding

Re: HTTP URL Encoding

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hi,
>   I've noticed that with WebDrive the URL information send to slide is
> encoded as stated in the HTTP RFC. The encoding sticks throught the use of
> slide and does not get changed back. Shouldn't this encoding be striped
and
> replaced by the unicode characters before the URI is passed through slide?
> Or do I have to do this at the repository level? Personally I beleive it
> should be done when the URL is first passed to Slide and the URI set.

I'll probably need to do the URL decoding in the DAV servlet.
I'll commit a fix (later today, probably).

Remy