Posted to dev@pirk.apache.org by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/21 17:56:07 UTC

PIRK Components on JIRA

Hi Guys,

As a first step towards starting to organize our JIRA project, I took a
stab at adding some components and adding component specifications to the
open issues. This is just a first pass to get us started -- please feel
free to add/delete/modify.

Thanks!

Ellison Anne

Re: PIRK Components on JIRA

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 22/07/16 06:36, Andy LoPresto wrote:
> Component leads are useful if you want to make sure that someone
> (relevant) from the core team sees every issue as it gets reported
> (as long as it is assigned to something) and then triages it. If your
> core team is not necessarily divided by focus that way, component
> leads may not be necessary. You just want to ensure that all incoming
> issues get noticed by someone.

There are also 21 different reasons you can choose from when resolving a
JIRA issue!  I'll admit to choosing a value somewhat randomly, as I
don't see it makes much difference.  So if any one cares please feel
free to educate me on the correct meaning of these, and/or fix up any I
selected incorrectly.

Regards,
Tim

Re: PIRK Components on JIRA

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@gmail.com>.
Component leads are useful if you want to make sure that someone (relevant) from the core team sees every issue as it gets reported (as long as it is assigned to something) and then triages it. If your core team is not necessarily divided by focus that way, component leads may not be necessary. You just want to ensure that all incoming issues get noticed by someone.

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

Re: PIRK Components on JIRA