Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Konstantin Pelykh <kp...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/25 20:31:29 UTC

Any limits on Accumulo namespaces/tables?

Hi everyone,

Are there any limits on a number of namespaces and tables in Accumulo?
For my current application I'm planning to use multiple namespaces to
separate data for different clients. Each namespace will have 8 tables.
Would it be posible to have 100,500, 1000 namespaces in Accumulo? How will
such namespace layout impact performance of accumulo scanner? As far as I
rememebr every time when scanner is created  it gets the whole list of
namespaces/tables from zookeeper and it slows down performace as number of
namespaces increases.

Thanks!
Konstantin
--------
Big Data / Search Consultant
LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/kpelykh <http://www.linkedin.com/in/kpelykh>
Website: www.kpelykh.com

Re: Any limits on Accumulo namespaces/tables?

Posted by Konstantin Pelykh <kp...@gmail.com>.
When I start working on this issue I'll look in detail if it's possible to
modify Scanner to avoid having Zookeeper watches for all tables availbale
in Accumulo.
I'll share my results if I find any bottlenecks or will be able to optimize
scanner to work with many namespaces.

--------

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Correction: s/this because a big problem/this causes a big problem/ :)

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.