Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2005/11/02 06:31:59 UTC

Re: Derby build (Re: BATCH: All dressed up, with nowhere to go...)

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This output, recorded to a file using the output attribute of an Ant
> <exec> task, is then read back in to a property using Ant's
> <loadfile> task. Ant diligently includes the newline as a part of
> the property read in from the file, which I'm sure is correct
> behavior on the part of Ant.

Can you use a <striplinebreaks> filter reader in your <loadfile> task?
This would throw out any line feeds and should allow us to build derby
without upgrading svn.

Stefan

Re: Derby build (Re: BATCH: All dressed up, with nowhere to go...)

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 1, 2005, at 9:31 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Can you use a <striplinebreaks> filter reader in your <loadfile> task?

Definitely. I hadn't thought of that. Checked in, should build
tomorrow. Thanks again, Stefan!

andrew