Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2005/08/08 21:32:00 UTC

[J2] Starting JS2-319 branch merge

All,

I'm going to merge the JS2-319 branch now to trunk.
I will try to do this using incremental merging with subclipse.
Let's see how good this is ...

Keep you all posted.

Ate

Re: [J2] Starting JS2-319 branch merge

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Ate Douma wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm going to merge the JS2-319 branch now to trunk.
> I will try to do this using incremental merging with subclipse.
> Let's see how good this is ...

Not good enough I'm afraid, or maybe I expected to much ...

Turns out that incremental merging, while working, not only merges the action
but also performs it from the source (e.g. JS2-319).
This is clearly not what I want because that way I might lose/overwrite current
trunk changes made after I created the JS2-319 branch.
What I need is applying the same *type of* changes to trunk as I made in the JS2-319
branch.
Luckily, the ones I merged so far didn't touch anything changed in the trunk, so those are sound.
For the rest though, I'm afraid I'll have to do them all by hand again.
This will take some more time than I expected ...

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
All,

The JS2-319 branch is merged now and trunk should be stable again.
I still need to update the getting started, database and maven-plugin docs.
This, I will do later tomorrow.

For now, please checkout the description of changes I provided for this
issue:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-319#action_12317695

Regards,

Ate