Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by samurai241185 <ab...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/02 12:29:47 UTC

Does jmeter take some prediction while giving resonse time for a thread?

Hi friends,

It may be very simple question for all of you guys. But whatever i felt i am
presenting here (Being a newbie for Jmeter).I tried to measure the jmeter
response for application like .I am giving here one example-
Jmeter is showing 122323 ms for response time but i did measure from my
computer time , it hardly takes 10 seconds.So my question is that -Jmeter
takes some prediction time while sending requests or it somewhere virtualize
like it would end up period found from aggregate result.Please help.

Thanks
Samurai

Re: Does jmeter take some prediction while giving resonse time for a thread?

Posted by samurai241185 <ab...@gmail.com>.
Thanks alot Felix for giving your views and cleaning up some doubts from my
mind.

Re: Does jmeter take some prediction while giving resonse time for a thread?

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
Hi,

to get a better picture of what Jmeter measures and how, make sure to
1. use the result tree listener
2. for a long-ish taking sample, expand its tree of sub-samples and find
out if one or more of them is the culprit
3. get Firefox + Firebug and compare Jmeter's results with those
reported by Firebug's "Net" tab (Chrome has an equally useful metric
built in, IIRC)

It is possible that there are lengthy "background" requests going on,
such as webtrackers, finishing long after the page is displayed by the
browser.

HTH,
Felix

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.
Hey Samurai

Namaskara~Nalama~Guten Tag

How much load are you setting in Jmeter. When you measure it in computer, i
guess it is 1.

Deepak
   --
Keigu