Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Will Scheidegger <wi...@mac.com> on 2005/08/02 14:38:54 UTC

Crash when adding "direction" to second component parameter!?

(Tapestry 3.0.3) Newbie alert! Could not find any solution in the
archive, so please bare with me:

I've got a component with a border component wrapped around it.
Depending on a parameter passed from my component to it's border, the
border should display a navigation or should not:

     <parameter name="printView" type="boolean" direction="in"/>

Now, I've tried to add two more parameters that should be set from the
component:

     <parameter name="languageKey" type="String" direction="in"/>
     <parameter name="pageKey" type="String" direction="in"/>

This had the following effect:

a) when I don't set a "direction" attribute, the page displays fine (as
before), but the languageKey and pageKey values are not set (of course)
b) as soon as I set the direction (in either or both of the new
parameters), the page crashes with the following exception message:

2005-08-02 14:14:25,373 ERROR BaseComponentTemplateLoader - Template
for component CRRentalList does not reference embedded component:
ConditionalPrintView.

Even when I remove the ConditionalPrintView component from the html I
get the error message. Any ideas anyone? Thanks a bunch!

-Will

Re: Crash when adding "direction" to second component parameter!?

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.
That's more or less true.
But, the page will actually contain the component.

So...
MyPage.html:

   Here is some content that is specific to MyPage.html.

and in Border.html:
component.</a>
  <!-- this is where the "Here is some content that is specific to
MyPage.html" will appear. -->

So... you can't directly include a page in a component.
Rather, your page includes the components inside of it. Page is the
top-level component. However, your border, by means of the @RenderBody,
can/will render anything nested inside of it on the page.
HTH.

Robert

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
You can't place a Page on a Page. Perhaps that is your problem. Or am
I misunderstanding you? A Page can only contain components that are
not other pages. So if "my component" is a subclass of BasePage and
you're putting in on a page, you've got a violation there!

Your Page template should have this structure:

<border component>

html and other components (no Pages!)

</border component>

Posted by Will Scheidegger <wi...@mac.com>.