Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/25 01:13:41 UTC

[TENTATIVE] First Apache jclouds meetup in San Francisco, Monday, July 8th!

So this is still a little tentative, because I've still got some formal
process to go through, but...

I'm pleased to announce the first Apache jclouds meetup (not the first
jclouds meetup, not by a long shot, but...well, yeah!) to be held in San
Francisco, at Cloudera's offices in the Financial District, the evening of
Monday, July 8th. We'll be celebrating our first Apache release and all
that wonderfulness with food and drinks, and maybe a quick talk or two if
people are interested. I'll get Adrian to update the meetup.com group once
I have formal confirmation, but barring a surprise, we should be good.
Hoping to see a bunch of you all there!

A.

Re: First Apache jclouds meetup in San Francisco, Monday, July 8th!

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
Not I - but at the CloudStack conference hack day on Sunday, we were
chatting about the synergy between all the various cloud-related ASF
projects - CloudStack, jclouds, Stratos, Whirr, Provisionr, libcloud,
Deltacloud...we've got a real little ecosystem going here. =)

A.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Everett Toews <everett.toews@rackspace.com

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@wso2.com>.
On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM, Matt Stephenson <ma...@mattstep.net>wrote:

> The only person I know from wso2 is Paul Fermantle, and only because I
> played an Irish Session with him about 2 years ago.  I'm not sure if he's
> involved in Stratos.

Matt, just for your information, Paul is involved in Apache Stratos too.

--

Thanks & regards,
Nirmal

Senior Software Engineer- Platform Technologies Team, WSO2 Inc.
Mobile: +94715779733
Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/

Re: First Apache jclouds meetup in San Francisco, Monday, July 8th!

Posted by Matt Stephenson <ma...@mattstep.net>.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@wso2.com>.
On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 12:34 AM, Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any personal connections  with the
>> Stratos team?
>>

> Nirmal Fernando from WSO2 has been a regular on the list in the past, see
> e.g. [1].
>
> Nirmal...are you out there..? ;-)

Oh.. how did I miss this email! :( Sorry guys for not replying earlier.

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM>.

people are interested. I'll get Adrian to update the meetup.com<http://meetup.com> group