Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Trejkaz <tr...@trypticon.org> on 2012/06/07 12:31:33 UTC

Exotic authentication

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone has ever used Derby with some kind of
authentication system other than the normal authenticator or SSL
client certificates.

Specifically I want to try and integrate Windows authentication, but I
don't have any great ideas of where to start. The best idea I have so
far is to try and modify vJDBC to work without a configuration file
(it doesn't look too hard to replace the class it uses to map requests
to databases.)

I'm essentially stuck with an application which people want to access
remotely but there isn't enough time to develop a web interface for
every single feature.

We have per-database access control via a custom authenticator.
Currently the user is prompted for credentials once per server per
session but I would rather find a way to avoid them having to type the
same credentials over and over.

TX