Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Manish G <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/06 11:20:54 UTC

Metrics for the overall pipeline

Adding metrics to individual RichMapFunction implementation classes would
give metrics information about that particular class.

As a pipeline consists of multiple such classes, how can we have metrics
for the overall data pipeline?Are there any best practices for it?

With regards

Re: Metrics for the overall pipeline

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
You could create an abstract class that extends AbstractRichFunction,
and all your remaining functions extend that class and implement the
respective (Map/etc.)Function interface.