Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mariano Belinky <be...@bwater.com> on 2001/10/17 20:15:06 UTC

Tomcat - IIS - NTLM

Hi guys,

I'm deploying an application in our NT domain that needs to get the user NT
login name when the req.getRemoteUser() method is called.
my first question therefore is:
if I use IIS with Tomcat, will this work if IIS security is setup to
"integrated security"? I know tomcat standalone or tomcat-apache won't work
for this, since the challenge-response protocol is an IE-IIS thing.
if this can be done, my second question is will Tomcat 4.0 run on IIS 5, or
should I get the previous version ?

thanks,

Mariano Belinky