Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2005/10/21 02:38:56 UTC

10.1.2 release schedule

Well we are down to the last day for checkins for 10.1.2.  The only
outstanding issues for 10.1.2 are two documentation issues, DERBY-620
and DERBY-566. Since the documentation is not  bundled with the release,
there is no reason for these to hold up the release.

Here is what I propose (assuming we hit no snags along the way).

   - Complete checkins for 10.1.2                  Friday, October 21,
12 noon PST
   - Post Release Candidate                           Monday October
24
   - Test and Vote on Release Candidate        Monday October 24- Friday
October 28
   - Post and anounce release                          Monday October
31

I would  really appreciate it if folks could hold off on any checkins to
the 10.1 branch between noon PST Friday and the time the release
candidate is posted.  Let me know if that's a problem.  We have  a short
window for testing so please consider planning some time next week to
test  the release.   I am especially hoping someone (Lance?) will have a
chance to run the CTS suite.

Here are the release notes:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12310270&styleName=Text&projectId=10594&Create=Create

Some of the 10.1.2  highlights are
    - Globalization of  the 10.1 error messages.
    - Eclipse 3.1 support
    - Ability to run on  on MAC  with no special configuration
    - Support for direct execution of derbynet.jar using the -jar option
of the VM.
    - Fixes to allow databases to be loaded from jars in the classpath
    - Fixes to improve J2ME  support.
    - Fixes to improve security manager support.
    - Fixes to eliminate memory leaks, hangs, NullPointerExceptions,
wrong results, protocol errors  and other critical issues.

More information on the release available at:
http://people.apache.org/~kmarsden/tenOneTwoRelease.html  (dates still
need updating).

Thanks

Kathey

Re: 10.1.2 release schedule

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 10/20/05, Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Well we are down to the last day for checkins for 10.1.2.  The only
> outstanding issues for 10.1.2 are two documentation issues, DERBY-620
> and DERBY-566. Since the documentation is not  bundled with the release,
> there is no reason for these to hold up the release.

The documentation should be bundled with the release, in the -bin
distribution. Another item for the wiki page.

andrew

Re: 10.1.2 release schedule

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
OK it looks like 10.1.2 is a wrap in terms of content.  Please hold off
on more checkins to the 10.1 branch until the candidate is posted.
Thanks to everyone who contributed.   The contest winners are Philip
Wilder and  Knut Anders Hatlen.  Please email me your mailing address
and I will send out your chocolate straight away.

Here is what I plan to put in the CHANGES file.  I think just a link to
the release notes is sufficient instead of listing out the individual fixes.
Let me know right away if you see any trouble with this.

The changes in the Derby 10.1.2.0 release since the official 10.1
release include.

    - Globalization of  the 10.1 error messages.
    - Eclipse 3.1 support
    - Ability to run on  on MAC  with no special configuration
    - Support for direct execution of derbynet.jar using the -jar option
of the VM.
    - Fixes to allow databases to be loaded from jars in the classpath
    - Fixes to improve J2ME  support.
    - Fixes to improve security manager support.
    - Fixes to resolve many other bugs and product issues.

For a complete list of changes in the release see the release notes:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12310270&styleName=Text&projectId=10594&Create=Create