Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by am...@worldbank.org on 2005/02/06 06:36:15 UTC

Hot to set a double type with hh:mm format value

Would like to set a variable of type double from a text field.
On submission of the value with dot (like hh.mm), Tapestry is able to set it
directly
as a double value.

How can I allow other delimiters like hh:mm , which can be converted back to
hh.mm
before being set in the field.

 Thanks,
Arun

Re: Hot to set a double type with hh:mm format value

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
 <amanivachagam <at> worldbank.org> writes:

> Would like to set a variable of type double from a text field.
> On submission of the value with dot (like hh.mm), Tapestry is able to set it
> directly
> as a double value.
>
> How can I allow other delimiters like hh:mm , which can be converted back to
> hh.mm
> before being set in the field.

You can use a ValidField and custom Validator to do that. My tutorial at
http://www2.cpttm.org.mo/cyberlab/softdev/tapestry/tutorial3/InputValidation.html
includes such an example.