Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Michael Hausenblas <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/26 21:33:28 UTC

IPC/JVM

David, All,

Just gave a Drill talk at NoSQL Matters 2013 and in the follow-up discussions one of the participants mentioned a potential direction for our IPC/JVM quest.

From [1]:

[[
Porting an existing single producer/single consumer concurrent queue into an IPC mechanism via memory mapped files and getting 135 million messages throughput in pure Java.
]]

Thoughts?

Cheers,
		Michael

[1] http://psy-lob-saw.blogspot.de/2013/04/lock-free-ipc-queue.html

--
Michael Hausenblas
Ireland, Europe

Re: IPC/JVM

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.
That blog post is already on the Drill radar already.

Tim

Re: IPC/JVM

Posted by Michael Hausenblas <mi...@gmail.com>.
Cool. Good validation then. Will keep trying to find something …

Cheers,
		Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas